Friday, June 12, 2020

Starting Out Simple (Development Blog For 6/12/2020)

Hello! I'm back. I am making a game with the working title of Cube Maze. Essentially the way the game works is you are a bright green cube and you have to unlock doors. What you have to do to unlock these doors is you need to stand on the yellow keys (basically just a yellow square). Sorry about the bad handwriting the situation for writing was not ideal.

The first week or so of development in my game was painful, all due to one issue. I want your camera to be locked above your head. Easy, right? Well no. Because I also want you to be a cube. To do this I need to make my own custom character. So any scripts you make talking about your character do not apply to a custom character. And I spent days, and days on something that should be so easy and yet it's not. But then finally I figured it out. This was the most disappointing solution for all of the work that I had done to make this work. The solution was to use a community model. And it worked. I did days and days of work to just use a community model. A solution that takes less than a minute.

The cube I use as a character is a 4x4x4 cube. So to make things appropriate for the cube size we base everything on 12.

 Everything we have is 12, 24, 36 (studs) and so on. 

Here are some pictures of how the game works. Showing the key is yellow and the door is closed, then when you step on it the key turns grey and the door opens.


Here's a picture of the script I used to make the key work.
Thanks for reading this far hope you enjoyed reading this! I plan to do more updates in the future, bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting Out Simple (Development Blog For 6/12/2020)

Hello! I'm back. I am making a game with the working title of Cube Maze. Essentially the way the game works is you are a bright green cu...